Green Park Partners Acquires Kongskilde Systems Division A/S
6 June 2018
Green Park Partners (GPP) announces the acquisition of Kongskilde Systems Division A/S from DLG Group in Denmark.
- Founded in 1949 and headquartered in Denmark.
- Kongskilde Systems Division A/S (“Kongskilde”) develop, build and market: (i) waste and process material handling solutions for industrial sectors involved with manufacturing in plastics and paper; and (ii) grain handling machinery to the agricultural sectors in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa.
- Within the industrial sector, Kongskilde’s machinery solutions are component sub-systems that enable manufacturers to increase throughput, process efficiency, finished goods quality and reduce operating cost by enabling further process automation.
- Within the agricultural sector, Kongskilde is a well-recognised brand providing solutions for the transport, drying, storage and sorting of grain and other crops.
- Kongskilde is a market leading provider in its respective segments with revenues of DKK 247m (Euro 33m) and more than 200 employees located in Denmark and in 9 offices in Europe, USA, Asia and South Africa.
Why Did GPP Acquire Kongskilde
- Kongskilde is a profitable market leader with significant potential for further growth and development.
- Attractive Market
- The market for material handling solutions is growing and provides a sound foundation for Kongskilde’s future development. Material handling is an evolving and growing market as manufacturers across sectors increasingly discover and install systems and “internal logistics” as an area for capturing efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Kongskilde is an “Industry 4.0” solutions provider, the current trend of automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies and commonly referred to as the “smart factory”.
- Strong Team & Competencies
- Kongskilde has developed a strong portfolio of systems solutions and its sales and project teams are technically strong, highly experienced and competent in their field.
- The Company has a professional and experienced international sales team with market coverage across Europe, North America, Asia and South Africa.
- The Company is recognised for its application know-how and quality solutions and has an extensive installed base and reference projects across industries and geographic markets.
- The Kongskilde brand is well respected in the market and Kongskilde systems are recognised for their high quality, reliability and low operating costs.
- Strong Customer Base & Client Relationships
- Kongskilde has a strong and loyal customer base and enjoys a high degree of repeat business.
- Kongskilde is recognised as a reliable and competent business partner.
- Within grain handling machinery, Kongskilde offers a range of high-quality products and works closely with its distribution partners in markets where the Kongskilde brand has built a loyal customer base over the last 70 years.
Comments from GPP Team
- GPP identified Kongskilde as a non-core business of the DLG Group and believe the Company will benefit from the support and focus provided by a committed and motivated new owner.
- Hiten Shah, partner at GPP, said: “Kongskilde is a market leader with excellent potential for further growth. This is an exciting opportunity and we look forward to supporting the management team in achieving this potential”.
- Morten Bligaard, managing partner at GPP, said: “This acquisition demonstrates GPP’s ability to source, structure and execute complex corporate carve-outs of SME businesses in Europe and our entrepreneurial and pragmatic approach to transactions”.
About Green Park Partners
- GPP is a UK based Principal Investment firm. We proactively seek out, un-lock and create transaction opportunities by acquiring businesses that can benefit from re-vitalisation through strategic and operational initiatives, a modified business model and the support of new ownership.
- Our target profile is European headquartered businesses with revenues between €20m and €200m. Situations we target in particular include corporate spin-offs / carve-outs and platform investments with the potential for a buy-&-build strategy and further internationalisation.
- We partner with family offices and high net worth individuals that are seeking direct private equity investments.
GPP’s Advisors on the Transaction
- Legal Adviser
- Financial Adviser
- Accura Advokatpartnerselskab
Grant Thornton Denmark
We would like to thank the DLG team for a professional and smooth process.
We are very excited about the journey ahead and look forward to being a constructive and positive partner to Kongskilde, its employees and its management.
For further information, please contact:
+44 (0)20 7118 1200
+44 (0)77 6965 1112
+44 (0)20 7118 1200
+44 (0)78 9425 9719